PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreadlocks, long hair/ scholarship and jobs
Old 30th Jul 2013, 12:07
alicopter

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi all, something is bothering me here... when a recruiting person has to gage a candidate, should not his first criteria be whether he/she has the qualities or even is "gifted" for the task asked from him/her? What you mean is that you must not have dreadlocks, a beard, a mustache, long hairs, dirty nails or drive an old banger???? Well, you then deprive yourself of any Muslim, Hindu, Rastaquerian, New wave rocker who might be very gifted candidates for flying a machine... What is this called?? Oh yes! Narrow mindedness, racism, biased, stupid ??? I think it even might be against the law. My own son, who is 25, well bred white caucasian franco-english atheist wears half-metre long dreadlocks and I can assure you, in his fields and many others he is a LOT smarter than me or a lot of people with higher responsibilities I know.... In my opinion, it is up to the interviewer to be good at judging characters and not the interviewed to try to be what the guy in front wants... Anti conformism doesn't make you better or worst than others. (but in my book it's a ++) Excuse my English, not my mother tongue... just in case.

PS :Good luck to you "brother" I know that if I was in the interviewer seat, your hair could be long, short, pink, knotted you would have the same chances as any other candidates. Joke,if in doubt about your flyer's skills, I'd invite you for a couple of hours in a glider next week-end, we'd soon find out. You can do it. Do it.

Last edited by alicopter; 30th Jul 2013 at 12:18.