PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John Holland Aviation announcement
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2013, 11:30
600ft-lb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yep, and there's a list of maintenance errors by Qantas LAMEs that others have found as well.
Which is true, maintenance ERROR's not blatant violations of the rules. I have seen many mistakes in my time there, I've even made some myself, HOWEVER, I've never seen anyone go out of their way to blatantly not do something and just sign it off.

My view, unfortunately Australian productivity and labour rates prohibit a competitive cost base across an aircrafts life cycle.
Why are cost bases competitive in Europe ? North America ? Japan ? All high cost countries to do business. They all have OH&S standards. They all have fatigue limitations. They have all high taxes. Isn't the 300odd aircraft the Qantas group has scale enough ?

I believe you've been sold a lie. Just because the third world lives on our border with facilities who are willing to underquote to take all the work on from a company just means you've been sold an oft repeated line by executives who care only for their bonuses.

It's funny what this industry has come to. The whole "well they're built to have dodgy maintenance performed on them because when something fails theres a backup anyway" attitude is great isn't it.

You know how Chinese solar companies have been accused of dumping products in the USA and Europe ? A big prize lies down the road if you can kill off your competition.