PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John Holland Aviation announcement
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2013, 10:25
Wellwellwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, and there's a list of maintenance errors by Qantas LAMEs that others have found as well. Im sure this is not the place for them to be aired so I expect we respect the rights of those MROs and not spread innuendo. This thread is way off track. Romulus is spot on, some of us are just too stubborn to realise that quality is different things to different people. I absolutely disagree with deliberate and negligent unsafe practices, however in today's MSG3 world damage tolerance and on condition are the design philosophy. The operators only want what is required, nothing more.
Now, to get things back on track. My view, unfortunately Australian productivity and labour rates prohibit a competitive cost base across an aircrafts life cycle. That's why Jetstar, Skywest, Virgin, and Tiger all have their heavy maintenance performed offshore. JHAS had a crack to bring them all onshore, Romulus was part of the vision that gave it a go. Obviously, those airlines are not patriotic enough to pay a bit more and for it to take a bit longer using Aussie labour, run by an Aussie company.
Qantas is the only large airline that continues to do so onshore.