PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John Holland Aviation announcement
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2013, 01:22
Algie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunfish

You could have stopped typing after:

"It is necessary to act like a human being to be a good manager and I am also coming to the view that most of the "scientific management" tools we get taught at MBA school and elsewhere are both useless and dangerous, in the hands of anyone who does not have sufficient background knowledge of that which they purport to manage"

In those few words you have provided a wonderfully simple cut and paste reply to about every second thread on PPrune.

A few years back I was a guest at the commissioning of a fresh bunch of young US Marine officers and at the ceremony a 3 star Marine General made the promise that:

"You will never be led in peace or in battle by anyone who has not walked that same path ahead of you".

(He also, by the way, reminded all the young officer candidates that it didn't matter what ever else they did in the Corps, chaplain, catering officer, librarian etc.....they would always be first and foremost a Marine infantry platoon commander and capable of taking up that role at a few minutes notice)

Kindred remarks to those of Sunfish I might opine.

We fail to heed such sentiments at our peril.

Algie