PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John Holland Aviation announcement
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2013, 23:22
Jetsbest

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts
Egalitarian....

My Oxford dictionary says "of or pertaining to the principle of equal rights and opportunities for all"; nothing about pay.

Romulus: you implied that once efficiencies were found then everyone could get the job done faster. To what end? More time off for their same salary? My reply was cynical of such a characterisation because it never stops there. Perhaps that is utopia to you?

Romulus, Aeromedic & Sunfish, I actually don't disagree with most of what you're saying re management ethos. In my view the biggest destroyers of employees' trust in management are things like:
- talking up the cost challenges & losses, then having massive parties to see in a new alliance.
- saying they value their employees in Christmas newsletters, then calling them kamikazes etc in the press,
- choosing to treat all employees in a sweeping generalisation as if they are the very few trouble-makers, (manage the problem people but don't make everyone the problem)
- speaking part-truths in the hope that no one will ask the hard questions (see Olivia Wirth, Aust Magazine, Apr20-21), then refusing to elaborate and answer when legitimate concerns about inconsistencies are raised by employees who can see obvious gaps in the mantra (see ALAEA's 62 questions). Simple questions can have simple and honest answers that are not always commercial-in-confidence.
- sending work overseas then denying that 'catch-up' rectifications are required when the asset returns, when it is obvious to the engineers doing the work,
- 'siloed' management where one efficiency idea is stymied by another manager because it's "not part of my KPI"... from the horse's mouth!

I could probably work with, or even for, you all. Unfortunately, it would appear that none of you work where I do.

Last edited by Jetsbest; 29th Jul 2013 at 23:24.