PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did management intervention push Neil Mills out of SpiceJet?
Old 29th Jul 2013, 22:02
av8r76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is indeed true that Mr. Natrajhen has almost nil experience in aviation. But I have met him personally during my stint in Spice and I can tell you that he himself admits that he has entered an alien world. But I can vividly recall my 2.5 hrs from DEL to MAA as the shortest because he picked my brain to pieces trying to understand the operational aspect of an airline.
From my experience in Spice, it was a rag tag operation run by managers who were at the fringes of aviation experience and competence. All you have to do is compare the trajectory of Indigo with Spice's and see where these two airlines stand.
Needless to say a revolving door of majority ownership has deprived Spice of a long term strategy owing to opportunistic PE players who were interested in a quick buck before they moved on to their next venture. Mr. Mills' exit is just another chapter in the sorry saga that is Spice. I only wish the best for my former colleagues in another wise hopeless situation.