PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Retired Staff Travel
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2013, 10:07
slowjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cojones, I side with Parabellum & others who cast light on the Lawyer-type yuckspeack that is often hard to decipher. Friend of mine, after 17 years service with a National carrier was under no illusion that ST was an 'inhouse' benefit. The ST booklet clearly stated that the terms & conditions could be revised/changed at any time. His leaving letter from ST stated that "in recognition of your long service, the following applies"; quite generous, actually. However, that all changed and the minimum service qualifying time was 20 years. Gees, much protest and the company revised it to 15 ! However, facility was much reduced. He gets one free of charge in Business , with the company,plus unlimited ID50 & ID90,with other carriers, per year, until half the time of his service expires. Actually, again, not bad. He tried for a ID50 with Ryanair but got quite badly roughed up ! I changed companies too often to get anything and pay full fare, economy when I need to travel. But, lots of deals around might even beat the ID fares. Using my bus pass to head off down to sussex. Now THAT'S an excellent deal. Good luck with the fight.