PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John Holland Aviation announcement
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2013, 06:10
AEROMEDIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you accept that then you are accepting that all work can be performed more effectively by SIAEC and that logically it will be offshored. Even more scarily the new term of "nearshoring" which refers to sending stuff to NZ for an immediate 30% cost advantage kicks in.
Agreed, but "Clipped" has a point too about quality. My engineering contacts have long complained about quality from other MRO's and not without good reason as photos in the past have shown. This may or may not have improved since and I do try to keep in touch with those at the "pointy end". I still have have slight reservations when flying these days.

That is where management comes in. Their job is not to be liked, it is to do what has to be done for the good of the company and by extension the good of the employees (themselves included). If they don't achieve that then more senior people than them will shut a company down. If everyone doesn't want to get on board then they run the risk of other people putting them out of work.
Again agreed, however, good relations with my staff are better than poor as I'm sure you know.