PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John Holland Aviation announcement
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2013, 03:41
Romulus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aeromedic
I didn't say bonuses existed at JHAS, rather that they do exist at other companies as you acknowledge. My point on that was that the employees believed that they do.
Fair enough. I was making the point that at JHAS they don't, or at least didn't in the period when I have the knowledge to talk about directly.

Originally Posted by aeromedic
As to seeking further savings when things are running lean, any company should consider the cost/benefit when doing so, as much as we like to think it is, workplaces are not the same. It's a two-way street to make it work.
Your Qantas/SIAEC is an example where the same things work at one place but not at the other.
If you accept that then you are accepting that all work can be performed more effectively by SIAEC and that logically it will be offshored. Even more scarily the new term of "nearshoring" which refers to sending stuff to NZ for an immediate 30% cost advantage kicks in.

That is where management comes in. Their job is not to be liked, it is to do what has to be done for the good of the company and by extension the good of the employees (themselves included). If they don't achieve that then more senior people than them will shut a company down. If everyone doesn't want to get on board then they run the risk of other people putting them out of work.

It's not pretty but it is a fact. If you are not continually looking for a more cost effective way of doing things then somebody else will build an advantage and you will suffer accordingly.