PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Below the GS at SFO again
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2013, 20:20
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DEJA VU??!!

The interesting part is WHY…

AF447 THY@AMS LIONAIR ASIANA@SFO & now EVA@SFO.

Unashamedly cut and pasted from posting #2375 on the Asiana thred.

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE LISTENING TO DOG-TIRED AVIATION PROFESSIONALS?

Reams of speculation about autopilots, autothrottles, PFDs, speed tapes, AoA probes, deck angles, alpha-floor protections and all the other widgets and bells and whistles which help to make the machine safer have filled these pages.

Then the discussion of full automatics versus part automatics versus clickety click "I have control" but somehow the pilot(s) involved manage to foul up bigtime.

My copy of the UKs CHIRP still regularly features flight crews, cabin crews and engineers and ATC operators complaining about the adverse effects of the modern thrusting dynamic push for productivity and stretching and sweating the assets.

I then have to watch the arrival of the EASA FTLs which are even more corporate-friendly than their predecessors whilst having observed the abuse of CAP371 by numerous UK airlines. Not a single pilot apparently on the bunch of Eurocrat s who've dreamt up this recipe for disaster.

How wonderful it would be to have the contributory cause of these apparently inexplicable accidents shouted from the rooftops as F A T I G U E.

But that will never happen, will it? The elephant in the room will be shuffled out to the yard and those higher in the food chain responsible for such a supervisory regime will retire and sleep easy without the prospect of a corporate manslaughter charge, prison sentence and the confiscation of all their assets disturbing their corporate psychotic sleep!

So carry on discussing trivia like HOW to perform an iexplicable CFIT but on no account give these unfortunate crews the excuse of dog-tiredness where ALL of us have been during our careers.