PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 28th Jul 2013, 15:40
smartguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My PPL instructor is in his early twenties is quite a low-hours instructor, he told me that I should avoid integrated and funnily enough he is working for a modular school and he did modular training and is not working for any airline so that proves to me that modular doesn't give you amazing employment opportunities!

these airlines tend to run their own cadet schemes
Yes but as I said they only happen once a year and take only a selected few cadets (about 20-30) so these airlines are going to want to have more pilots, where are they going to get them? ctc or oaa

what are the options for a fresh integrated graduate today
Take a look at ctc's partner airlines, which will want more pilot's than the small number of cadets on their own schemes. And take a look at all the other airlines such as Thomson, Titan airways and Thomas cook. Also look at the turbo prop airlines such as Atlantic airlines and loganair etc...I believe there are far more options for a fresh integrated graduate than a fresh modular graduate.