PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 28th Jul 2013, 10:19
OhNoCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
I know a couple of guys who that went straight into jet2.com after modular training
Ok so what your basically saying is that only a small percentage of modular student make it into the airlines straight away!? that's a reason not to go modular
You are correct in the statement that only a small percentage go into airlines straight away, but you are missing the point I was trying to make.

I attended a predominately integrated FTO, although I did modular myself. I also know quite a lot of people from other schools doing both modular and integrated.

By far the most common role I see BOTH sets of graduates working in is non industry jobs or unemployment, that is both modular AND integrated students. The next most common would be instruction, again - at my local airfield this is filled probably 60-40 modular-integrated trained instructors (discounting ex airline instructors etc here.). Then we have the Ryanair ones. I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference what way you trained here as long as you have a bit of luck, have a good interview/sim day and can afford it.

Way down the probability scale is the guys that have gone straight into airlines. I know 2 guys that went into jet2 after modular training. I know 1 guy that went into easyjet after CTC integrated. I know 1 guy that went into corporate stuff after untagged integrated.

Apart from the CTC guy (I believe CTC is/was about the best way to go jobs-wise if you can afford it and don't manage to get on a tagged scheme) everyone else had to make their own chances.

The only point I am trying to make here is that, setting aside part-sponsored/tagged schemes with integrated FTOs (which most people will agree give you the best prospects) - there is little to no evidence that in recent years you are at any advantage coming out of an integrated school with a "fATPL" than a modular school with the same thing.