PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Broadband special offer!
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2003, 07:45
Evo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had Pipex for coming up to 4 weeks now, and although I had a couple of problems at the beginning they were MY problems and not theirs. Their help and attitude was brilliant. The phone was answered within a minute or two.
I've been with Pipex for around 18 months, and had to call their support for the first time last weekend. Excellent support - phone answered after one ring, and I spoke to two competent techies. Would definitely recommend them, but I've also heard nothing but good things about Nildram too.

Danny - a router is handy for sharing an ADSL connection between more than one computer. This isn't always necessary - Macs manage to do this very well by themselves, and, as normal, Windows does slightly less well with ICS .

However, a router is a nice thing to have. You do not need to keep the computer with the modem switched on to share the connection, if you use wireless then the WAP just plugs into the router, and also some protocols are not supported correctly by ICS or the Mac equivalent (e.g. I need IPSec Passthru - their spelling, not mine - to log in to work via a VPN, so I use a router to share the connection). If you aren't doing anything obscure then a normal ADSL modem should be fine