PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 27th Jul 2013, 22:56
pudoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you do a modular course you will have to wait A LOT longer than 6-12 months!!!
You say that based on what experience? Took me 6 days to hear back from a company after sending a CV earlier this year, now flying modern jets.

if I can train for a shorter period of time
Funny how I completed modular in the same time frame as an integrated, give or take a month.

In ten years time when you want to apply for big airlines like BA, what will it look like when you have some crappy, cheap modular school on your CV?
They don't give 2 hoots as long as you have the experience, a good reference and you fly well in the sim.

ill a modular student ever get employed by a big airline straight out of flight school? Never.
Define big airline? You do realise that tonnes of Oxford integrated students end up at Ryanair, just like modular students.

Nothing wrong with integrated schools as long as they are part of an airline cadet scheme. Untagged integrated is a silly thing to do if you ask me, now that Ryanair are closing the doors.

The best course of training is a tagged integrated scheme, no doubt about that. But modular is nowhere near as bad as you're making out.