PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 27th Jul 2013, 21:02
smartguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's really so bad about integrated?!

Sorry but if I were to take money out of the equation I can't see what's so bad about an integrated course! I have seen many posts saying "be prepared to be in a holding pool for 6-12 months". If you do a modular course you will have to wait A LOT longer than 6-12 months!!! To me, if I can train for a shorter period of time and boost my employment chances I don't see why I shouldn't pay the extra money because in the long run it will pay of. There have been a lot of negative comments about integrated courses on this forum and I can only presume that all the integrated students are now flying for the airlines and therefore have no time to post on this forum and talk about their experiences with integrated courses. I know a lot of you are going to say that the integrated schools give you bull**** sales tactics but at the end of the day they will give you a much better chance of a job. In ten years time when you want to apply for big airlines like BA, what will it look like when you have some crappy, cheap modular school on your CV? when your looking for flights school sometimes cheapest isn't always the best! For example, a state school will give you the same qualifications as a private school but a private school will most likely give you better career opportunities.

Last edited by smartguy; 27th Jul 2013 at 21:04.