PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why no royals in fast jets?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2013, 19:12
TT2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Care packs

'Hell of an experience that, TT2'

Bit of a surprise like. Bangkok is certainly becoming riskier - and not just for foreign folks. 10-12 years ago if my ex missus was on a late shift I'd meet her outside work at 2200 and then we'd walk the couple of miles home across central Bangkok with no thought of risk. Did that for a couple of years with never a peep from anyone. I'd think twice about it now.Up this end of town there was a Scots lady murdered in a hand back snatch not so long ago, an increasing trend it appears.

I'm bored to tears - the telly is crap and one can only peer at a computer for so long every day. No bookshops around here selling English language publications that I can dispatch her off to. Off course all the bruising on my knees and arms has come out now so I reek of Hirudoid - I must have gone down like a sack of spuds judging by the dint's and dunts.

The guy doesn't have any money so I can't do the usual compensation claim and everything goes away - he'll get a couple of years.

It's money that's the problem - I can't get to the bank and there is no way in a month of Sundays that she will use my ATM cards - being caught doing that here is a really, really serious offence being as it is a world centre for card skimming. Catch you with another's card they bang you up first then you can hang around for two years on remand.
She doesn't earn enough for the rent, keep us both, pay the medical bills (They still want to poke around with me once a week) and look after her old Mum.

I don't even know any foreign folks here anymore, everyone I knew returned to their own countries a few years ago, a regular exodus for some reason and the Thais I knew are all dispersed these days.

And there's a lot of work needs done at the mo' , I've got a couple of nice potential pot boilers started but can't bloody well do anything about them at the moment as they involve travel. Anyone want to buy a share in an aircraft / helo military parts and OH business with 20 years experience here?

Bloody nuisance. And a worry as it appears I've got another couple of weeks before reasonable mobility is expected.
Next time I go out I'll take a rear gunner and body armour. Care packages would have to be in her name as it requires going to the post office for collection - Lao names are unpronouncable to normal folks anyway!.