PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Corner
Thread: Enstrom Corner
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2013, 16:13
lvflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I appreciate your concern and believe me I have considered this. At this time I have a roof over my head that has been left to me by my parents with minimal cost for living. I am single now, having been married for 18 years ending in 2001. I have no dependents. There are no helicopters around this area. There use to be years ago, but they are all gone. Worse case scenario is that I have to pay for a hangar at $1200 per year and then sell the Enstrom at a loss when I can't afford the annual. Just like my Mooney that sits in a hangar and doesn't fly much. I'm 57 and running out of time to enjoy my dream for awhile. The Enstrom will allow me the opportunity to do things that might pay for my flying, while the Mooney is only good for cross-country which places it in the air transport arena. The helicopter may put me in front of aviation people that may open some doors whereas the Mooney doesn't. Use to be that you could go to the airport on a weekend and hang around in the hangars, but now it's like a ghost town so providing the helicopter for rides at fly-ins will at least keep me in the aviation community. I have been saving to build a Safari or buy a built Safari or Hummingbird, but the opportunity to own an Enstrom for the same or less has presented itself. It is a big decision and I am still mulling it over.