PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft down in Channel
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2013, 15:54
Sir George Cayley

GMC

Thanks for that post as it brings some welcome facts to the thread. I too think the pilot perished in the crash and with such a high speed impact was killed instantly which in a slight way might have been best - I have a fear drowning which limits my involvement with deep water.

One thing I've not spotted in this thread is any reference to NATS recording of radar data including SSR Mode S.

By now AAIB should have details of the track, height and any unusual deviations leading up to the impact point. I suspect in a few months much of the speculation here will be disproved and the 'normality' of this accident confirmed. I use the word normal as coined by Charles Perrow in the mid 80's.

The only nagging doubt is due to the words used by the Police, which to the best of my knowledge have not been redacted. If the person in question survived the crash one way he could have done so was by not being in the plane in the first place.

Is there conclusive evidence that he took off from the 'bushe? Was his car left in the car park? Is anyone else missing?

The sea can give up its secrets so maybe time will tell.

SGC