PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Panshanger Airfield At Risk Again?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2013, 14:19
Dean McBride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see Councillor Perkins is missing from my text. She was the one I gave the save panshanger petition to in January. In February I set up Holwell Hyde Heritage and from this commenced my WW2 discovery at Panshanger with the council, the upshot being I managed to convince the council to carry out an appraisal on the aerodrome to prep it for conservation.

When the report was put forward to the council from the officers who assessed the previous consultation and 'how many new homes' it was said that Option 6 was the better option, whereas Option 4 (panshanger) would only protect the green belt (so they say). Option 6 is the villages of Brookmans Park, Welham Green and Cuffley, deviding the proposed houses for Panshanger in to these villages, as the report pointed to infrastructure was already in place in the villages and the votes against Panshanger was over 600 for option 4 (a negative vote), Option 6 had around 72 and the other options similar amounts, Panshanger was clearly not the place to build. The councillor said it would be Perverse not to build on Panshanger. Why? the NPPF guidelines were not met in the decision made, whereas all the decisions were met for the villages.

Hi Dave - I don't represent the aerodrome at Panshanger or its business.

I am sorry that you had that experience, because its my local and I myself was written to about inviting non-members,lol. I think, and I'm sure you know the aerodrome faces closure and any normal person would be under great pressure, as I am sure all the other aerodromes around the country are feeling the pinch. Normally they are fine down there, but for me the hoo haa arose when I said in print I was going to give out my leaflets at the revival day and it caused a stink with someone. Bottom line is, I just will try and keep my affairs to my self. No-one can ensure how the attitude of a person is going to be, on a certain day, though it does not stop someone from being polite. Ive been censored and you've been fobbed off looks like but is that going to stop you from going? on your next visit it might be different!