PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Cosford no longer getting a VC10?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2013, 14:09
Proplinerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Did not the vandals at Hendon scrap a Beverley ?"

Yes-and right in front of the museum, where it stood; a fine first impression for visitors! Thank goodness I got there in the 1980's and was therefore able to record the Beverley for posterity-one of only two I've seen, the other one being the sole survivor of the type, now at Fort Paull, near Hull. It has been preserved because of the efforts of a private owner, not the RAF.

The above all said however, I was at Cosford a few weeks ago, my first visit since they got rid of some of the airliners (BA's fault, not the RAF) and built the Cold War Jets Hall; and I'm pleased to be able to say that it remains a really excellent museum, in my view. They had even, somehow, managed to get the Belslow (as I've seen it referred to here) indoors! But thank goodness I visited it before the airliners went.

I'll be going to Hendon on 10th August, for my first visit in many years (bar a short one in 2008, when unfortunately I wasn't very well on the day). I expect to be impressed.

Strange how these threads always end up drifting!

Last edited by Proplinerman; 27th Jul 2013 at 15:32. Reason: Gave wrong date for my visit to Hendon