PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 27th Jul 2013, 11:37
TruthaboutQR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truth

It is the truth and the reality, but unfortunately guys sometimes don't want to see it because they are stuck. I don't assume anything I just collected info and posted it for the benefits of pilots. It will not change the opinion of pilots like you who have been there for a while....maybe you should be talking to some of the pilots that work there and ask them to tell you honestly if they are happy there or if they had the chance they would be out of there. Some do it because they lost their job elsewhere and had no other choice. But most would think twice about coming if they knew more about the overall environment of not only the company but also the country. I don't blame you because you must not have many options and for that you can take the bs and give up your pride....
To answer your post about housing if have a family and want to live in a somewhat decent place you will have to pay qr16000-18000. a person that arrives in a country thinking you could find housing for 10000 qr but finds out later that the 10000 is only good enough for a single guy living in a one bedroom furnished flat.
About people who are scared because of what they hear and the rumors, you are saying its only rumors...then why should they be scared after joining and flying if the rumors are not true. Who is the idiot here...
What could possibly go wrong.....that question should be directed to the pilots in your airline that are worried they could lose their job any minute. Elect to go around.....only if you have have enough fuel to be legal after the go around....
About the classes... I guess the people you talk with are having the time of their lives...no further comments.....
About schools you cannot comment because it's true...

Don't hate because someone finally dared to post something real....and don't call people names, it's just not nice....have a nice day...