PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GSS morale misery
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2013, 11:02
zeddb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nomad,

Years 1 and 2 are a touch lean but after that you get 4% increment up to year 10 then a bit less up to year 12. Company has only been in existence for 10 years so no one has yet fallen off the top end.

Sector pay has been increased and you get a per diem plus long sector payments and the odd bit of overtime or a day off instead if you choose.

I'm going into year 4 shortly and my average take home after stoppages and pension contributions is around 3.5K give or take. Not brilliant but given that I work half as hard as I used to, not too bad either.

If you want more dosh, the go and work for Virgin/BA or Ryanair. You will give a whole lot more to the taxman, spend more on travelling if a commuter and will probably be not much better off. I used to earn about 20% more but still had about the same disposable every month as I do now. Plus I get more time at home and am less knackered, despite being 87 years old.

18 days per month is about right although you will probably only fly 1/3 of that. The odd standby and lots of time in decent to very good hotels, where you will spend some of those allowances. Always ensure that the Indians have given you your food and beverage discount. Cheeky buggers.

Z.