PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - tigerair captains pay
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2013, 10:39
Metro man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Currently over crewed with FOs so they are now averaging less I hear!
True for this month, but new aircraft arriving and frequencies increasing/network expanding.

Rumors are keep going around that we will be limited to 900 hrs a year soon but I don't know I there is any truth in that.
Singapore CAA bringing in fatigue management for all local operators which may limit annual hours but should be less tiring.

Used to be a good place for a quick command but not so much anymore. Have to be in the company for at least a year and then jump through certain loops.
A whole year and must go through the process and meet the standards, yes this is a bit unreasonable.

Until recently there was a commuter pattern and part time contracts but I understand that they have all stopped for new guys (I'm willing to be corrected about the part time contracts)
No more commuting contracts, but if you are on one already you can keep it. Not sure about part time but full time employees would be preferred.

Basically, decide if it suits you. Plenty of people have walked in with a CPL and 200 hours total time, got what they wanted and moved on to greener pastures. A few retired legacy airline pilots have got a few extra years flying in before turning 65.

On balance quite a reasonable option if you don't want China or the sand pit.

Last edited by Metro man; 27th Jul 2013 at 10:40.