PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Direct Entry First Officers
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2013, 01:11
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having much experience from business, I can maybe see things a bit more sinister than most who only live and breath for aviation.

Yes what you say about AL's program is partly right, however most such deals, between airline and FTO's are made by connections and not a random FTO.

There was a recent case where SAS employed 6 "cadet pilots" - that had graduated by a certain FTO, who was owned by 2 SAS captains.

You and me, we do not normally get full insight in such deals and agreements, and we often do not know the reality of such contracts between airlines and FTO's, however there is always an interest of money that decides who gets to do what.

Often there are individuals in the background cashing in big time on such deals and agreements, to secure agreements between companies.

I am pretty sure like CTC, they wine and dine the right people, to give them support for their programs, and I am pretty sure such companies secures these agreements with more than just wine and dinner, sinister but true.

Fairness does not exist in business. He who pays the most, wins the most.