PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Below the GS at SFO again
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2013, 23:31
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some have said "unbelievable", unfortunately it is way TOO believable.

Most of the improvement in the safety record of carriers like EVA/Korean / Asiana (yes, feel free to lambast me as a racist, I don't give a
"flying - - - -" ) . . . have come courtesy of the "ease of operation" (in "normal" ops ) achieved by Boeing/Airbus & maybe (just maybe ) a little due to the influx of foreigners in the cockpit - mandated by the insurance companies.

Remove the "foreigners -onboard" & Boeing /Airbus safety net . . and here we are gentlemen "another night in Shanghai". . sorry, politically incorrect it may be, but that is the fact of the matter. Same logic applies to African/Arabic/ Former USSR/ S. American etc etc carriers. . c'mon guys, don't be afraid to tell it like it is. . . . we all have a squint at the carrier when we buy an airticket right ?

Yes Air France (OK I will stop there) BA /Lufthansa etc have something on the slate, but it doesn't take a Masters Degree in risk reduction (merely a cursory glance at the accident database of the last 10 years ) to realise that none of this should be either a surprise , or "off bounds". . it sure as hell isn't in any bar-discussion between pilots, so lets stop pussying around & tell it like it is. Oh BTW, what the hell were those "Rednecks" in SWA doing last week ?

Last edited by captplaystation; 26th Jul 2013 at 23:33.