PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Below the GS at SFO again
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2013, 19:45
cldrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in favor of taking some of the 250 hour wonders and turning them through the pilot mill.

They are hired for their ability to pay, not for their ability to fly. There have been countless threads here on pprune highlighting the dangers of these 250 hour kids, but they get all swarmed by the wannabees and the training providers to lead to any form of meaningful discussion.

I have been going on about this for a long time, all we really need is a few smoking holes in the country side and we will see the same changes here in Europe and in Asia as the FAA has now gotten through.

You cannot make up for experience, no matter how much money you bring.

Our flight department has strict rules for positioning flights, we will not use any of these training airlines, and neither will the parent company with thousands of employees worldwide. I know of a few German multinationals that will not use them either for their employee flights. There are more and more companies in the Far East and on the sub continent with those restrictions now. I would like to see more people take that stand, but too many expect their 29 euro flight to the sun and don't care what cost get cut to give them that low cost flight.

Last edited by cldrvr; 26th Jul 2013 at 19:50.