PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You only gets what you pay's for !
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2013, 14:33
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the bug bears of today is that, as with everything, aviation has become a lot more expensive. I am not talking about the guys who cobble a couple of bits of string together, tie some cardboard, and go flying. I am taliking about school student training aircraft, and owner operated who wish to take 4 people on a longish trip (CAA/EASA, FAR91 etc).

My aeroplane costs around 250.00 per hour to operate. Therfore, if done correctly, then a flying lesson, with qualified instructor, should come in around the 190-230 mark.

I was aware that the link I posted, because it happened to be in my inbox this morning, was not, THAT, cheap, but the issue is the race to the bottom (a new UK wide trait), falsifies the overall market place. Whether we like it or not, there are base costs which must be covered, and going back to the OP, the inference is that some people, in an effort to attract business, by offering cheaper deals, ruin, ultimately the market. Is is self defeating, but everyone gets caught in the downward spiral.