PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2013, 12:30
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
May I ask why Ryanair tend to release seats for a given month quite a bit later than other LCCs ?
I'm assuming that some routes not being on sale beyond 4th November (i.e. barely more than 3 months away) is due to some specific reason, but FR still seem to regularly be the last major LCC to come to market by a sizeable margin.

I know that forward bookings beyond 3 months are low, but these are presumably non trivial and it's worth picking up those extra potential sales - or at least telling people about the planned schedules so that customers can make plans for a trip. And yes, I know that once a flight goes on sale it becomes much harder to do significant changes to the scheduling of the fleet in a flexible way, but slot conferences are far in advance of Ryanair seats going on sale.

I'm puzzled though as to why Ryanair need so much more time than Easyjet, Wizz, Norwegian, and all their other major competitors, and also why they don't seem concerned. Anyone knowledgeable able to suggest a reason as to Ryanair's rationale ?