PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A new Malgus approach? (merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2003, 16:05
Andy_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post another innovative approach

Hopefully I won't get flamed by Danny for posting this.

As i said in my post at the top of this thread I do believe in being fair. After an awful lot of research I take on board Danny's points as per the other thread running along this line. (Now merged).

I feel my views may not have been put succintly enough and have therefore been misinterpreted to some degree. It is most definitely not sour grapes. I am mature enough to realise that some you win, some you lose.

I confess I have had some misgivings about the scheme, as have a fair few others on this forum and have been guilty of giving Malgus some stick. Indeed I think I upset Malcolm with one of my postings last year, judging by an e-mail I received from him. But like myself he is running a business and sometimes things aren't as "black and white" to the outsider looking in.

Malgus do indeed have 2 people under training in Jerez and I am sure we ALL wish them the best of luck.

By posting the above new scheme I hoped to put the fairness back into the discussion and was actually looking for advice on how worthwhile others felt it to be to other wannabees. I also felt that at least Malgus were listening to opinions of their potential candidates and changing tack accordingly. This, it seems to me, is a good thing. All business needs to be flexible to meet the needs of its customers.

One thing Malgus do seem very good at is at least keeping past candidates in touch with any new product. Hence the quote in my first post.

And hence the quote below, which I hope Malcolm at Malgus or Danny at PPRuNe will not object to me posting. If they do then please feel free to delete this thread. Thought it may give hope to those wannabees that have already gone through the expense of GAPAN testing but have not been in touch with Malgus and therefore would otherwise be denied this opportunity:

Dear Subscriber,

I am pleased to announce that all students who have gained a High, High Average or Average pass in GAPAN selection tests can now be fast tracked into Malgus Aviation ltds selection process.

These candidates will enter into stage 2 and start their process with ourselves at the personality and group interview sessions.

If you are currently in possession of GAPAN test results and wish to come along to our next stage 2 event than please contact the office or email [email protected] for full details.

Regards

Malcolm J Clark

Yet more proof to me that Malgus are listening to their client base and diversifying accordingly.

I hope this opens the window of opportunity for a few more wannabees. You never know I may even try myself

And there will be those that knock it again, but even if it is a practice run at personality and group interviewing it will at least stand us in good stead for next time. At the end of the day if you don't try you won't know.

Last edited by Andy_R; 6th Mar 2003 at 20:27.