PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brookfield vs Storm McGinley
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2013, 20:57
sierralima

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys thanks for all the information.

1) So comparing Storm with Brookfield

<500 Hours Storm = €55/hr Brookfield = €60/hr
500 to 1500 Hours Storm = €70/hr Brookfield = €70/hr
1500+ Hours Storm = €75/hr Brookfield = €83/hr

Golf Julliet Papa, I agree with you, Brookfield is hands down better in my opinion. The 30 hour guarantee is not of much use it looks like.

Do you know if say you get a Command upgrade 5-6years down the line, is it again a case of you get whichever contract you get given, or do you have any say in choosing Brookfield or Storm? And are there differences in pay between the two if you are in Left hand seat?

2) Regarding the opt in opt out thing, not really sure what exactly it is, but the way my accountant has worded it seems to suggest that I don't really have an option but to opt out?

3) Tbh from most people I spoke to few years ago they said 850-900hrs per annum was excessive.
750 seems like a healthy amount, but I wouldn't know as I'm still a newbie. As for the suggestion 450-600hrs a year, that just sounds like it's not enough money.
Do many Ryanair guys get second jobs on their rostered days off? Or are you able to ask for part time secondary roles within the company such as ops/dispatch etc.

Cheers