PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTC-Africa v`s EFT Florida
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2003, 16:19
Flying Boat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy

Good Choice!

I have just checked the FTC site & noticed a glaring difference from 2 months ago, the absence of their appointed 'Quality Manager', a man brought in only in September/October to help improve the service to the customers. Why is it the good ones leave or are looking for a better lot?

Their flying division was not too bad, once you could get airborne, but the biggest problems were with the 'FTC Lodge'(an estate agent would be proud of the change of image their photos give the 'Lodge' & the plan as far as I am aware is still a dream) and Groundschool.

Unfortunately you must pass 8 subjects for a CPL & 14 for a frozen ATPL.

When I was there they had one Head of Ground School & 3 part time Instructors.
They have moved the groundschool last year, so the lovely looking lecture room on the site is a lie.
That was in the old accommodation that was vacated quickly due to the building's owner & the school's owner having a legal battle over the price. Now they are in an old security company's site, about a 5 km drive from the airport buildings, great for those trying to fly & do groundschool.

The groundschool, I have talked to several people from previous groups, never finished all the course subjects. Is this quality?
It was not the fault of the GS instructors, they regularly requested equipment & assistance but were constantly blocked from above. Ground Schools do not make anywhere near as much profit as flying, so why put money in?

Last winter, I have it on good authority, the JAR ATPL students had to provide their own heaters & then in the summer acquire an ac.

SA is cheap, but beer was usually R10 for a pint of Castle & R11.50 for Amstel, the average rate was R15 to a £1.
43p could be a bottle or from the offy.

Paying the extra is a wise move, in the long run the lack of training hassle will pay off when you finish your training quicker.

Fly Long & Prosper.