PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wanna see my Wokka
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2013, 16:56
Exrigger

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
From an 18 Sqn ground crew member who spent 4 years flying to and from deployments, one air show at Verlouse?, and as one of the rotor tuners flying around Germany, Falklands and Gulf 91, a ramp trip during a flight to help during the relief operation in Turkey and finally we had a aircrew ground crew exercise that included navigation exercises, flour bombing moving landrovers, trying to touch eggs with the RH rear tyre without breaking them, and other than the odd 'playfull' pilot during a couple of rotor tune sorties I had the time of my life flying in the Chinook.

My wife even had a flight in one for which we still have the certificate, I could not resist when an 18 Sqn aircraft popped in to St Athan and treated a load of us to a trip down the coast and back (last time I had the opportunity to use my flying kit before being told to hand it back in).

But watching the display flying these days it scares the life out of me as I did not know that it was capable of being thrown around like that, again it still makes smile when I see a Chinook.