PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Regional
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2013, 09:58
bigjim99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbourne, I do like EIR believe it or not and are probably one of their most regular PAX.

To me, the 500s & 600s are very nice A/C that provide a PAX experience to that of a regional jet. They are well presented, look modern inside and you can hear to hold a conversation in them.

The old birds really are a long way from this. T3 offer earplugs when flying on their Jetstream A/C, an aircraft that is much quieter than these old ATRs. Having learnt that, I carry my own earplugs as I have had many a headache riding on them (depending where sat). Can't imagine they do the crews hearing any good over a prolonged period.

My point is that I think the new ATR and A320s can work. I just think the gulf in quality between an A320 and a 20+ year old ATR on the same route will have a negative effect. No matter what A/C you are on, the general public believe they are flying with EI. With FR competing on both of these routes, I bet there is a few wonder why they are paying the premium for EI and then having an hour of hell on an old ATR.

Shouldn't they have waited for the 600s to be operational and then tackle this rather than running before they walk.