PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Long Haul - selection and terms
Old 23rd Jul 2013, 18:05
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cucuotto

Interesting post, rant re rape aside?

My thoughts on this are that NLH thought they might get approval for Thai cabin crew, but at the minute they have an extension on approval until the end of the year during which time its business as normal. I suspect the government will up hold the ban on Thai crew, without which the costs probably don't add up against Asian carriers, so given that they have these new aircraft with lower operating costs than many on the Atlantic at least for now, then they may turn their sights on the US market, i guess they need movement on foreign ownership rules or set up a USA company much as Virgin did, but spending $bn's with Boeing will oil the wheels somewhat.

Now I'm not saying thats the final answer, but your wish for Scandi T&C's for NLH would take them down the same path as SAS, but paying normal European/US salaries would attract plenty of interest, even if its LoCo salaries and as i said before, NAS already fly some of the longest sectors anywhere in the world on 737's Oslo-Dubia & Las Palmas-Tromsoe are over 7 hours, so lets see.