PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this sort of thing common?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2013, 12:55
Deepest Norfolk

Posted to that hell hole SCATCC Mil in the late seventies. Work in Prestwick, house in Kilmarnock and no service transport (use the bus laddie). I think they posted all the nasty tw**s of SNCOs etc there because life was a misery.

AMQs looked after by the Navy as we were a lodger unit of HMS Gannet. We had a new carpet laid and them they came and cut a foot off either end because it was nearly a fitted carpet and, as we are well aware from here, ORs are not entitled.

Horrendous march out by the ar**hole of a navy Families Civilian who charged me the earth. Got to next posting, whinged mightily to my new CO who did likewise up the line and eventually had the whole lot written off as ridiculous knitpicking by a vindictive.....etc etc etc.

Last posting at Marham and we moved into our own house that we'd bought earlier in anticipation. Got my first pay slip and had been charged MQ rent. Went over to handbrake house to see what had gone on. Some thick PANDA clerk had decided that as he had no record of me living in, I must be in MQs and charged me thus. I'd have to wait until next payday to sort it out. DN has sense of humour failure only helped by the chief clerk, a kindly elderly sort of chap who said come back in half an hour and he'd give me cash after issuing attitude and trade training adjustment to PANDA (or whatever they'd become by then).

MQs and anything to do with them was still stuck in the eighteen hundreds when I left.

DN

Last edited by Deepest Norfolk; 23rd Jul 2013 at 12:56.