PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CIVIL IRs, the 7 year rule and military IRs - Good News!!
Old 23rd Jul 2013, 10:53
The English Passenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks jpboy. Good advice. As with all these things, one takes info on here as guidance. I will seek clarification from the training dept of any employer who I am fortunate enough to impress enough to get a job offer from, as well as the Campaign Against Aviation.

My reading of the rules in CAP804 along with the new note leads me to believe that my JAR ATPL issued on a multi pilot multi engine aircraft in January 11 will be valid as such until Jan 15 with no further action as I will have held a green IR on that ac type in the previous 5 years and a green IR on the kingair valid when I leave.

I was initially under the impression from the CAA that I would have to convert my license to a EASA Part FCL by April 14 at a cost of £140, but digging into CAP804, Section 2 part C page 2 para 2.5 states that fully compliant JAR-FCL licences issued before Sep 12 automatically become EASA part FCLs and that physical replacement is not required until calendar expiry and that process must be done NLT 08 Apr 18, or in my case on 5 year expiry in Jan 16.

Even if the worst happens and the validity is not correct I will just spend some resettlement money on doing a kingair civilian IRT before I leave.