PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Asia Exodus = Hiring?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2013, 06:23
320BusFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True, a lot of guys have already left recently (including myself), a lot more are waiting for bonds to finish and then jump ship.

Morale is pretty low, they just offered a "Pay Rise" that was a joke. (something like 1.5%, considering that inflation in SIN over the last 5 years is way above that) Jetstar Asia Pilots are the worst paid in Singapore (especially FO's) hence a lot of movement to Tiger and Silk Air. Also low flying hours for a long time has been an issue for captains. A lot of FO's are leaving because they were told fast upgrades would happen and 2 years later nothing, still another 2 years (Probably) so no quick upgrades.(Unless all the captains leave which is possible)

Another reason for people leaving is the company is not expanding, if anything they lost a lot of routes into china so a bit of uncertainty about the future. And also they were supposed to be getting a330 last year and 787 this year. None of which is happening so guys that joined with hopes of widebody are looking elsewhere.

Not sure if they will be hiring FO's (they just took about 15 cadets) defiantly not DEC. Tiger would probably be interested with the time you have, would be a much better choice than Jetstar! Good Luck.

Ok, think I got that off my chest.