PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2013, 19:19
Danny42C

Smudge,

"All who took part were true examplars to our nation" True, I suppose, but actually we were just the ones who happened to be on deck when the trumpet sounded !.....D

Yamagata Ken and Beagle,

I'm no scientist, but doesn't that just shift the problem one stage back ? How does the creature develop the power, given its musculature and the calories used just toting the heavy animal from one source of nectar to another ? (said he with tongue in cheek)....D

Chugalug,

I hadn't realised (your being 20 years my junior), that we'd served together for almost the whole of your time (except that I retired a year before you left). It's true, the ethos of the war years continued into peace, and the RAF was the better for it, until the old guard died out in the late '60s. (sadly, you couldn't clone us, for that would mean you'd have to clone the times in which we lived, and which had moulded us, and no one would want to do that).

Later things were different (but not necessarily worse on that account), as people had careers to build, and ambitions beyond simply staying alive......D.

Regards to you all, Danny.

Last edited by Danny42C; 22nd Jul 2013 at 19:21.