PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which way is suitable for me?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2013, 17:01
TobyMa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which way is suitable for me?

It is my dream to become an airline pilot, I am 23 now and just finished my degree last year in mathematics. I have no flying experience. And at most I can have USD60k for my flight training.

I have tried the cadet pilot programmes of CX and DA, but I failed in the second stage, which was the interview part.
I am going to Germany and fly for around 10 hours, I dunno whether I would have advantage in the interview after I have such experience, but it maybe a chance for me to ensure that pilot is my aim.

I planned to reapply CX and DA cpp for the second time, and I have studied some aviation knowledge and I am now attending a course of Flight Experience HK, which provide ground school theory and 737-NG flight simulator for me.
I just wonder if I fail in the second attempt, I should go to get a PPL first and try cpp, or I should get a CPL then apply for cpp.
And I have a question, I live in HK, if I get a CFI in a flight school, am I permitted to be a flight instructor in the flight school? Do I need a working visa?
Can anyone give me some advice, thank you