PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Womens Rights in Dubai ??
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2013, 14:25
ClearedToCrush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not making any conclusion since I do not know all the details but it is hard to believe this story about the 'rape'.
A few facts make me have my doubts : 1) Knowing that some of the western media are intentionally attacking with bull...t other countries for various reasons whenever they get the chance 2) Finding a woman for sex is so easy in Dubai (in fact it is much easier than in many European countries) and most locals are rumoured to be really 'good gentlemen' since they are generous and pay big amount of money (this is what I have been told from some Russian and European women who live there and give service to gentlemen in exchange of money).
3) Amount of rapes in this country is definitely much lower than many western and Asian countries (this is by official statistics).
4) The reputation of women from Scandinavian countries and many other countries in Europe who are a bit more 'liberal in sex' compared to women from some other countries, especially in their holiday trips.
So for these 4 main reasons I will not take any side. But I do agree if that was a true rape then the offender should be jailed for a long period.