PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tax Free Wage to Fight a War?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2003, 03:58
DESPERADO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I must have missed something when I joined up. I don't remember in my terms of service them saying that if we send you somewhere ****ty we will give you loads of extra dosh because it is dangerous, or sandy, or the seppo's get more money than us.

I realise that this is indeed a site for whinging, but I still feel that I am lucky to be allowed to fly 20mill jets. We do the best job in the world, bar none (except perhaps Anna Kournikova's oilboy).

I have heard this 'tax-free' one a few times over the years. If I add up my time in crap places on Ops it would be well over a year (thats a lot of tax). That money would obviously be nice, but I don't feel like a victim as some of you lot appear to do. I still am as proud (though a lot more cynical also) of doing the job as I was when I joined a long time ago. Are you lot proud of what you do, or is it just a job?

Get the f*&k on with it. If they give us more money then great, but you didn't sign up to be rich. If you did, then you are already in the wrong job. If you want to be rich, leave.

JJC, I have to ask, because I am dying to know, why do you wear a uniform. Your last thread was a pathetic complaint about a bit of noise in a tent somewhere (quickly deleted by you I presume, when you received no sympathy), now you have joined in here with more weasle words. I am sure that Eastern Airways have a spot just for you if you want it.

Boys & Girls, many of you appear not to have noticed that there is a war just around the corner (clearly some of you are deployed and should look out the window). If you can't focus on whats important in times like these, you will put yourself and your crew at risk.

I would add, that I do agree with you that it is piss-poor (my cynical side) that personnel have to buy their own essential kit. I do however, carry a few 'toys' of my own in the cockpit which I have paid for myself (tax deductable!). I don't believe that these are items that should necessarily be issued because they are personnel to me and might not be for everyone.