PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 21st Jul 2013, 08:54
mariaforwork

Assessment Day or Open Day?

Hello everyone! I would like to ask for your opinion. I am very interested in joining Emirates. I am from the Philippines. According to Emirate's website, the only open days available in Asia are in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and India. But I am not qualified to join the said open days because they require certain language speakers (like Mandarin, Vietnamese speakers). 80% of the Open Day locations are in Europe, which is very impractical for me to attend.

The good thing is that there is an Assessment Day in Ho Chi Min, Vietnam next month and it did not specify that I should be a Vietnamese speaker, etc.

My problem is, is it advisable for me to register on the Vietnam Assessment Day? I have researched a lot and I have never heard someone who applied online and was invited to an assessment day right away. All of them joined an Open Day. Can someone assure me that the HR of Emirates will check my application online and I somehow have a chance that they will invite me to an Assessment Day?

Please help! It has been years since Emirates conducted an Open Day in my country and I cannot afford to waste another 6 months (if ever I get rejected) for an Open Day which always happen outside Asia. Thank you very much and I really appreciate all your help.