PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop Pilot Skills going on the Shortage list. Your help required.
Old 21st Jul 2013, 06:50
URCleared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A big thank you to General Aviation Advocacy Group of New Zealand for coming on board and your offer, I think that will make it a lot easier for many. I encourage Pilots to take advantage of this.

flyboy_nz makes a good point.
It makes me think of another idea, how many more CPLs from the past that gave up due to the job situation would come out of the woodwork and do an interview if they could defer getting their qualifications current until after interview and a 'yes'? This would remove any barriers to applying for them, it's alot cheaper to get some time in a aeroclub sim and up to speed for the Interview sim ride than the whole IR renewal. The time to actually starting the Type Rating seems to be several months post interview anyway, so no problems there.
Another avenue for more pilots.

Perhaps an IT qualified Pilot person would like to offer their services and sort out the Database for Air NZ for them.
Suggested improvements would be a change in status for when the application has at least been looked at, and an email reply (even if its a template one), if your application is rejected. -So at least we know!