PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2013, 20:42
Danny42C

Home on the Range

exMudmover,

At last I know ! I must have been a mudmover par excellence , as all my productive work during the war consisted of excavating huge lumps of Burma with the intention of sending any Jap troops ensconced therein to meet the ancestors. Trained in UK as a Spitfire pilot (what for?) ended up at this humble task (c'était la guerre).

Your: "(No matter that they might be flying straight and level and totally unaware of the shooter’s presence)". It's the only sure way. As they taught me at OTU: "You'll never see the plane that shoots you down !"

Joking apart, I take off my hat to all QFIs. (never having been one myself). Without the kindness and infinite patience of Mr Bob Greer all those years ago in Florida, I would never have earned the (rather motheaten) wings Mrs D. has tucked away somewhere......D.

Smudge,

Your: "our leaders and betters". "Leaders"? - questionable. "Betters"? - NEVER !

Long may our Virtual Crewroom in Cyberspace and the banter that goes with it flourish (...for never is heard / a discouraging word...) And all honour to our Moderators, for tolerating our shameless excursions off Thread !...D.

Cheers, both, Danny.