PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about machine that runs on the road.
Old 20th Jul 2013, 19:01
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cause of the increase in fuel consumption was a fuel leak.

I found the cause of the increse in fuel consumption.
There is a rubber pipe leading from the injector - I assume it is a scavanger or overflow pipe from the injector to the . . . fuel tank . . ?

Anyway, it was split - so I pulled it off, rooted out the bit still stuck in there, or rather the residual tubing and stuffed the tube back on again.

There was also a microscopic leak on the base of the No.1 injector, which I reckon will cause not much except at most = a tiny loss on compression, but I have not noticed anything, I`ll get a washer for that.

Since this hi tech 2 foot long limo cost me £100, I should really look after it.

Result - no fuel deposits on the base of the oil sump any more.

I wonder how many people fork out for a brand new car and all those monthly payments under the heading of: `the car is *****d we gotta buy a new one`

I love being obsessed with fuel consumption its so rewarding!

and, Longer Iron - your behaviour is shameful, you lost an entire mile of motoring over a distance of 120 miles - such waste!! But, those are really good figures! You can get 60 mpg if you try.

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 20th Jul 2013 at 19:07.