PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2013, 15:40
orgASMic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gas Gays Anonymous

Hello everyone. My name's orgASMic and I'm a recovering gas gay. It's been 2 months since my last gas BBQ.
I used to use charcoal. Loved the stuff. Then, about 11 years ago we got a gas BBQ as a wedding present. Well, I had to use it, didn't I? I thought it was ok, nice and easy, even though i ended up with 3 different regulators for FloGas, Calor, whatever. It got so I was taking whatever gas I could get. I kidded myself that it was just a phase and I could give up and go back to charcoal anytime I wanted. Bloody thing lasted 10 years.
But this month I have turned a corner. My new quarter in the British Eastern Mediterranean has a traditional fourno in the garden, though someone has turned it into a flower bed. Today I dug out the soil from the brick grill surround, bought some charcoal and made some sheftalia. I even have a chap lined up to repair or rebuild the wood-fired fourno so that I can get some proper slow-cooked kleftiko on the go. I'm in a better place now and I think I'm getting well at last.
Thanks for listening.

Last edited by orgASMic; 20th Jul 2013 at 15:41.