PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Aircraft 'Emergency' Landing
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2013, 13:10
porch monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry blogs, but I guess comprehension isn't your strong suit. Did you miss my statement about not representing the day in question? About being an example only? So let's see, ADL requires an alternate per the forecast. (if your crystal ball is working). MEL is available, but since it's bkn at 400/4000km it also requires an alt or fuel till 2300. (that's the hour hold. As long as it clears of course.) Plan to land with 1 hr. So, by your figure then I could decide to land with less. I could. But why? Regs say 30 min, company says hour. Bleat all ya want buddy, VA no more creamed their pax than QF did. The emotive bull**** is irrelevant. I have thought about it, I do every day. I have also read the prelim report, company briefings, and some of the crap on here. Does it change what I already do? No, it doesn't. I would suggest to you that there are quite a few other issues that need to be dealt with in the industry than what either company has as fuel policy. Start with forecasting and infrastructure.
Maybe we'll have that beer one day Jaba.