PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sabre meltdown Oz
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2013, 10:00
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LeadSled

You have hit the correct button there.

No training required. Don't think - just read the boxes and click the one that looks right. The staff aren't allowed to know anything. Maybe they would want more money if they were allowed to think.

I have talked Agency level operators into the "black hole" and given them the formats to get the info I required and they have nearly been in shock. Nobody told them.

Most systems are an IPARS operating suite with a few carriers nusing UNISYS RES as their base. Wghatever the airline, there a common inputs for output of which less than 40% are known by the front end operator as they are operating in the "need to know" environment.

emeritus

The guys up front even back in the 80s had done the full loco course, but probably had not done a manual load sheet since that course. Todaythe same applies to the load controllers who sit in a remote location using a computer program. they would hopefully have been trained on manual load sheets but somehow I doubt it.

All you need to keep the ball rolling is a manual load sheet and a seat allocation sheet.

Not hasrd to have that all to hand, but who the hell will drop the trim?

Best regards

EWL