PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BNE En Route moving to Melbourne?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2013, 07:36
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Guys, but this has been an agenda item for the better part of 10 years with your management.You just didn't know about it.

Your bean-counters and middle management, that have have bugger-all experience at the coal-face, have had this one up their sleeves for ages.

Disaster recovery Hempy? Doesn't even come into their lexicon. It's all about business 'efficiency.' Disaster recovery is old news and impractical if anyone knows anything about the logistics.

Topdrop: They've bullsh88ted their way through abject management failure for years. If the planets align when the new system is introduced, what's the problem in saying to you: 'Move to MLB or you ain't got a job?' Staff shortages and neglect (TIBA) haven't worried them so far. They'll get away with it. Nobody out there in voter-land gives a stuff.

The Minister for Bad Teeth just wants to keep a lid on all of this.

Ultimately, no one outside of aviation cares. It'll be bend over or you don't have a job. That's the way the suits operate. Believe me, I've been there.

In 2000, I was told by one of your 'middle managers' (one of the more competent) that your senior management was well aware that serious staff shortages were coming. He showed me a graph and described the 'black hole' that was coming in 2006. Too many people going and no recruitment and training to meet the projected shortfall.

He was seriously concerned about the future, but the suits didn't listen and you have what you've got at the moment.

End point? They've got away with neglect and will continue to do so.

Consolidating everything in MLB will be a breeze for the suits - and it's bound to be upfront on the agenda. Buy beanies and thermals. This is coming.