PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Aircraft 'Emergency' Landing
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2013, 23:43
tenretni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jabawocky

This recurring theme that the crew should have realised that fog was going to be a problem is simply crystal ball bull****.

The problem here was that the forecasting was simply inadequate.
Worse still if you look at the TTF and SPECI you will see that they consistantly had the weather improving from 2300z only to start rolling that time further and further as the morning progressed.

That sort of poor weather forecasting and moving of the goal posts simply invalidates the 3 hour validity of a TTF and makes it useless.

Pick a TTF any one will do!

I have read this prelim report over and over.

Have a look at the speci issued for mildura some 3 minutes after the qantas diverted. Broken 200ft. If thats not a hazard alert i dont know what is. Was that relayed to crew? I don't think so.

A lot of 20/20 bull**** going on here about legal requirments, fuel uplift, emergency declarations when and where and what box to tick.

Both crew were trying to stay legal and tick all these boxes so thats why they both diverted only to be faced with the same set of bull**** circumstances only this time without an ILS and no fuel.

You think two experienced captains decided to leave an ILS airport on a whim?

They both had actual reports that mildura was wide open. If they had ignored that and busted minimums at adelaide the 20/20 club would have a bunch of people posting about the legal ramifications of that. Or remarks about how a prudent captain would have diverted.

Cut these crews some slack gentlemen in my view they both excelled.

Thats the bottom line.